BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway
1 Gateway Boulevard E, Savannah, GA 31419-9745
Phone: 912/925-2420 | Fax: 912/925-7363 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Discover our pet-friendly Savannah hotel located near Savannah's historic downtown district, the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum, Fort Stewart, Tybee Island and more. Enjoy Southern hospitality and clean, spacious accommodations at the BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway.
Centrally located off of Interstate 95 in Chatham County, our pet-friendly Savannah hotel proudly offers well-appointed guest rooms and exclusive hotel amenities. Each guest room features cable TV with CNN®, ESPN®, and HBO® channels and wireless high-speed Internet access. Wake up to a free deluxe, continental breakfast every morning that offers waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, muffins and much more! Free USA Today newspapers are available in the lobby Monday through Friday and guests are welcome to use the oversized outdoor swimming pool located on site. Guests also receive discount golf rates at Henderson Golf Course, located adjacent to the hotel.
This eastern Georgia hotel offers an on-site 24 hour restaurant serving delicious meals to suit any taste. Other hotel amenities include pet-friendly rooms, a complimentary continental breakfast and business services. Minutes from the hotel, guests will find a variety of local restaurants and shops including the Harley Davidson Store, Savannah Mall and more. Only 12 miles from historic downtown Savannah, guests can tour the many historical sites of this true southern city.
Spend an afternoon at the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum or walk around downtown's River Street. Tybee Island and the Tybee Island Beaches are just a 25 mile day trip away, perfect for a relaxing day in the sun. Other nearby attractions includes Fort Stewart, SCAD and the Hunter Army Air Field. Savannah also hosts an outstanding St. Patrick's Day celebration each year that is fun for both locals and visitors! The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway is ready to ensure a fun-filled, memorable stay at our pet-friendly hotel. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Free parking
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary continental breakfast, waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, muffins, croissants
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Sightseeing tours
- Golf course, adjacent to the hotel
- Higher rates may apply for special events and holidays
- Ice/vending machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold
- Safe deposit box, available at front desk at no additional fee
- Fax services, fees may apply, available at front desk
- Meeting facilities, available onsite
- Audio/visual equipment
- Notary public
- Exterior corridor
- Cable or satellite television, including HBO®, ESPN® and CNN®
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, computer station with printer in lobby
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services, available at front desk
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Best Western Mature Benefits Program- 10% senior discount with 2 added value items
- Government and Military Preferred Rates Available
- Well-Lit Parking Area
BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western savannah gateway in Savannah.
BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway
Conveniently located, the best western savannah gateway in Savannah, Georgia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.005535 / Latitude: -81.280315
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: the north. Take Interstate 95 to Exit 94. Turn left onto Highway 204. Turn left onto Gateway Boulevard East. The BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway is 100 yards on the left.
From: the south. Take Interstate 95 to Exit 94. Turn right onto Highway 204. Take the first left onto Gateway Boulevard East. The BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway is 100 yards on the left.
From: the east. Travel west on Georgia Highway 204. Turn right onto Gateway Boulevard East. The BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway is 100 yards on the left.
From: the west. Travel east on Georgia Highway 204. Turn left onto Gateway Boulevard East. The BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway is 100 yards on the left.
BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located just off the coast of Savannah and Tybee Island, the Cockspur Island Lighthouse used to welcome ships to this major commercial region of Coastal Georgia before closing down in 1909. While still preserved and open to the public, access to the lighthouse is dependent on shifting tides and access to the solitary islet the lighthouse stands on.
Check out a bit of local history in Savannah with a visit to the First African Baptist Church. As you tour coastal Georgia, you'll find a number of different historic sites, each worthy of a visit – be sure to make the First African Baptist Church one of those stops. Regardless of your denomination (if any) the historic significance and architectural design make a visit to the First African Baptist Church well worth the effort.
With a close proximity to Franklin Square, the First African Baptist Church is easy to locate in downtown Savannah, just inland of the Savannah River. The First African Baptist Church holds events throughout the year – many of the fund raising and charitable variety. The origins of the First African Baptist Church date back to 1773, when the original congregation was organized by the Reverend George Leile.
Explore Forsyth Park on your next trek across coastal Georgia and the charming city of Savannah. At 30 total acres, Forsyth Park is a well-sized and popular historic park in the historic district of downtown Savannah. Just south of Chatham Square, Monterey Square, and Calhoun Square, Forsyth Park is a hot bed of activity for locals and visitors – plan a fun family picnic, or your next business team-building exercise.
One of the major draws at Forsyth Park is the fountain – installed in 1858, it's one of the most visited and photographic scenes in all of coastal Georgia. The Forsyth Park Fountain is located near the north end, and flows, in part, due to different restoration projects from the city over the years. On your visit to Forsyth Park, be sure to also check out the Confederate Monument, a memorial dedicated to Confederate soldiers built in 1879.
Experience a bit of southern history on your next visit to coastal Georgia. Make your way to Fort Pulaski National Monument, a standing tribute to the American Civil War where in 1862 the Union Army had tested rifled cannon shots. Found on Cockspur Island on the Savannah River, Fort Pulaski National Monument was originally completed in 1847 and later became a site for tourists in 1924 when it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Fort Pulaski National Monument features regular visiting hours, with slightly extended times during the summer months of June through August. Check out the historic military architecture like drawbridges, ditches, and dikes when you explore Fort Pulaski. You can make the trip in from Savannah. You'll want to explore the McQueen Island Rails to Trails, a six-mile trail ideal for a spring or summer hike.
Home of the Savannah Sand Gnats, Grayson Stadium is a historic Savannah baseball stadium that originally opened in 1926. Enjoy an exciting game of minor league baseball as this Coastal Georgia team contests with other members of the A-Level South Atlantic League.
Shoot for par 71 at Henderson Golf Club located in Savannah on Georgia’s scenic coast. Henderson Golf Club is the home to 6,700 yards of live oaks, Spanish moss, tall pines, and native wetlands, all surrounding the 18-hole, championship style course.
Henderson boastfully accommodates golfers of all skill levels as well. Experienced golfers can utilize their accuracy and touch, while novice players take advantage of the five sets of tees. Experience true southern charm in an enjoyable, competitive setting today.
Originally opened in 1818, the Historic Savannah Theatre has been a centerpiece of the Coastal Georgia and Savannah cultural arts scene ever since. Undergoing many remodels throughout its illustrious history, the theater has served as an opera house, playhouse, movie house, and vaudeville stage.
Opened in 2006, this Savannah landmark features over 7,500 square feet of gallery space. See major traveling exhibitions of contemporary art or browse permanent art installations.
This Coastal Georgia attraction also includes a 220-seat auditorium, a community gallery, and the ArtZeum, which is an interactive gallery for children and their families.
Nestled along the Savannah River in Savannah, the Old Fort Jackson is a National Historic Landmark that features cannon firing celebrations and daily interactive programs. Explore its lengthy history, from its service days in the War of 1812 to the battle days of the Civil War.
The site is open seven days a week, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is a popular Coastal Georgia location for special events, festivals, and weddings.
A classic example of English Regency architecture in Savannah, this National Historic Landmark features decorative arts collection, American and European artifacts from 1750-1830, and a parterre garden.
This Coastal Georgia attraction also includes an original carriage house, which was one of the earliest urban slave quarters in the South.
Visit the Roundhouse Railroad Museum in historic downtown Savannah. Guests can enjoy a close-up view of an operational train turntable and a host of historic railcars and rolling stock. Don't miss the No. 30 Steam Locomotive and the modern No. 119 Diesel Locomotive.
This Coastal Georgia attraction is open Monday through Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Originally known as the Oglethorpe Plan, the Squares of Savannah are found in and around downtown Savannah. On your next visit into coastal Georgia, explore these squares – there are 22 in total. The squares themselves are public areas, similar to little parks, each similar in size; about 200 feet north to south, and east to west no more than 300 feet long. Each Savannah Square is named after a person of prominence from the area – Pulaski Square, Crawford Square, Madison Square, just to name a few
As you explore downtown Savannah and the numerous squares, you'll discover a wide range of iconic and historic sites. The Monument to General Nathanael Greene is a highlight of Johnson Square, while many people enjoy the Statue of John Wesley within Reynolds Square. You'll want to check out Chippewa Square, which was laid out in 1815 and is named in honor of American soldiers who were killed in combat during the Battle of Chippewa in the War of 1812.
Located in Savannah, the Club at Savannah Harbor provides locals and visitors alike with 18 holes of premier golfing on Georgia’s Coast. With a par of 72, the 7,288-yard course is an outstanding destination for golfers of all skill levels.
In fact, even the pros swing for par at the Club at Savannah Harbor, as the club hosts the annual PGA Tour’s Champions Tour Liberty featuring golf’s biggest names. Other larger events drawing visitors include the likes of Patriot Golf and the Thursday Night Golf League.
Enjoy an authentic taste of Savannah with a visit to the Lady & Sons Restaurant. As you explore coastal Georgia, you'll build up and appetite and the ideal spot to douse the flames of your hunger is at Lady & Sons. Close to Ellis Square and just inland of the Savannah River, Lady & Sons has been a major part of the culinary community since it opened in 1996. Lady & Sons is also well known for being owned and operated by Paula Deen and her sons, Jamie and Bobby.
Named "International Meal of the Year" in 1999 by USA Today, Lady & Sons is open seven days a week with no minimum on the amount of guests required to make a reservation. Lady & Sons features an array of classic southern dishes and restaurant staples for lunch and dinner. They do offer catering if you're looking to host an event or party in the area. Lady & Sons was also named the 2003 Georgia Small Business of the Year.
As you prepare to explore coastal Georgia, head for Tybee Island and check out the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum. One of only seven surviving lighthouse towers from the colonial era, Tybee Island Light Station was constructed in 1736, first lit in 1867, and stands at 144 feet tall. Make the scenic drive to Tybee Island from nearby Savannah and is an ideal way to spend an afternoon on the coast.
The current version of the Tybee Light Station is the third in its history – the first two were destroyed or had to be torn down due to storms and natural causes like shoreline erosion. With a range of 16 nautical miles, Tybee Island Light Station stands as a testament to the perseverance of the area, and a general improvement upon the original wood construction it featured. Tours at the Tybee Island Light Station and Museum are all self-guided – enjoy the 178 steps as you climb to the top.
Open daily, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Tybee Island Marine Center is a major educational center near Savannah and in Coastal Georgia. Explore educational programs, kids activities, and hands-on learning experiences, which involve beach walks, floating classrooms, and a chance to tour the Coastal Gallery and visit the Touch Tank.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 8.00 mile(s) from Mighty 8th Air Force Museum, military history museum that shares stories of courage and patriotism displayed by the men & women of the Eighth Air Force from World War II to present.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Savannah Theatre, musical comedy productions featuring various genres including Broadway, Jazz, 50-80's, country, & Christmas.
- 12.00 mile(s) from River Street, popular tourist destination in downtown Savannah featuring beautiful architecture, wonderful restaurants, exciting nightlife and more.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Hunter Army Air Field, the US Army's premier heavy force power projection platform on the east coast.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Historic Savannah, enjoy historic downtown Savannah's rich history, beautiful architecture, delicious cuisine, fascinating galleries, shopping, unique tours and more.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Fort Stewart, largest Army installation east of the Mississippi River. Visit the Fort Stewart Museum to learn about the history of Fort Stewart.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Tybee Island, enjoy delicious cuisine, unique shopping, and recreational activities on Tybee Island, located just a short distance away from historic downtown Savannah.
- 35.00 mile(s) from Tybee Island Beach, enjoy this Savannah beach that features beautiful scenery and outdoor activities. Tybee Island is a favorite Savannah attraction for the entire family.
- 14.00 mile(s) from Old Town Trolley Tours, tour historic downtown Savannah on a trolley tour to experience Savannah's natural beauty, rich history, and southern hospitality.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Harley-Davidson Store, Savannah's local Harley-Davidson motorcycle dealer. Buy new and used motorcycles, rent motorcycles or learn to ride!
- 0.50 mile(s) from Savannah Festival Outlet, shop top quality name brand merchandise at unbeatable prices at Savannah Festival Outlet Center.
- 1.40 mile(s) from WalMart, located just down the road from our Savannah Gateway hotel.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Savannah Mall, featuring over 100 stores and restaurants including Target, Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's and more!
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 30.00 mile(s) from Fort Stewart
- 50.00 mile(s) from Statesboro
- 60.00 mile(s) from Beaufort, South Carolina
- 60.00 mile(s) from Hilton Head, South Carolina
- 115 mile(s) from Charleston, South Carolina
- 124 mile(s) from Jacksonville, Florida
- 164 mile(s) from Columbia, South Carolina
- 7 mile(s) from St. Joseph's Hospital
- 8 mile(s) from JCB
- 10 mile(s) from Gulf Stream, Aerospace and Flight Safety
- 7.00 mile(s) from Armstrong Atlantic State, situated on the Atlantic Coast in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. This public university is known for excellent arts & sciences, and outstanding professional programs.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Savannah Technical, Savannah Technical College offers technical certificate of credit programs, diploma and associate degree programs at multiple campus locations.
- 12.00 mile(s) from South University Savannah, a variety of associate's, bachelor's, and master's degree level programs available.
- 15.00 mile(s) from SCAD, The Savannah College of Art and Design offers more degree programs & specializations than any other art and design university.
- 17.00 mile(s) from Savannah State University, The oldest institution of higher learning in the historic city of Savannah.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- Sightseeing tours
- 0.5 mile(s) from Henderson Golf Course
- Denny's, on premises, open daily 24 hours
- Across the street from Cracker Barrel, open daily from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 Midnight
- Across the street from Shoney's, open from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 Midnight
- .5 mile(s) from Hooters, open from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.
- .5 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, open from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 Midnight
- .5 mile(s) from Shellhouse, Seafood, open from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 Midnight
BEST WESTERN Savannah Gateway
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Savannah. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Blues, Jazz, & BBQ
Visit Rousakis Riverfront Plaza on hisitoric River Street in Savannah for three days of relaxing jams and tasty BBQ. The fun begins at 4 p.m.
2015 River Street 4th of July Celebration
Celebrate our nation's independence along the Savannah Rive with an evening of live music and fireworks. The event will be hosted at the Rousakis Riverfront Plaza at 4 p.m.
2015 Bacon Fest
Bacon, bacon, and more bacon – found at the Rousakis Riverfront Plaza for two days. Festival goers will enjoy plenty of mouth-watering delights alongside entertainment and an awe-inspiring fireworks display.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean