Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
125 W Lamar Street, Americus, GA 31709-3546
Phone: +1 229-924-1555 | Fax: 229/928-0533 | 53 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Originally built in 1892, the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel is a beautifully restored historic destination hotel celebrating its 125th Anniversary in 2017. Packages are available for our September birthday celebration gala.
Guests staying at this historic Americus hotel can engulf themselves in rich local history ranging from President and Mrs. Carter's first stay in the hotel in 2002 to the National Cemetery and National Prisoner of War Museum dating back to the Civil War. The hotel's convenient downtown location is close to other popular attractions including the Rylander Theatre, the Koinonia Farms and the Jimmy Carter NHS. Corporate travelers staying at this Southwestern Georgia hotel will be minutes from the Habitat for Humanity® National Headquarters, the Phoebe Sumter Medical Center and the Fuller Center for Housing. Favorite local events include the Hodges Hobbies Flight Festival, the Plains Peanut Festival, historic ghost tours, and the SAM Shortline Railroad event.
Experience the luxurious surroundings, beautiful architecture and impeccable service at this destination hotel - minutes from Georgia Southwestern State University and the Andersonville NHS.
This Americus Georgia destination hotel proudly offers a variety of luxurious room types thoughtfully-appointed to accommodate both business and leisure travelers. Each guest room is complete with granite countertops, a microwave and refrigerator, duvets, flat screen televisions with cable satellite HBO® and high-speed internet access. This hotel in Americus features a delicious breakfast available at Rosemary & Thyme Restaurant each morning. Additional amenities at this charming inn include Floyd's Pub, a fitness center, business services and spacious meeting facilities-perfect for any event including destination weddings, family reunions and corporate conferences.
Enjoy a step back into an elegant history of the South at the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge, Floyd's Pub
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Weightlifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out
- Safe deposit box, nominal fee
- Windsor Salon onsite, barber/beauty shop
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms. All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access.
- Business center
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Mail services, Available at Front Desk
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Physically challenged facilities, ramps
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus windsor hotel in Americus.
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus windsor hotel in Americus, Georgia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.072645 / Latitude: -84.233645
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Atlanta. Merge onto Interstate 85 South toward Interstate 75. Take Interstate 75 South toward Macon. Merge onto Interstate 475 via Exit 177 toward bypass to Interstate 75 South/Valdosta. Travel for 15.6 miles. Merge back onto Interstate 75 and travel 29.50 miles. Take Exit 127, take right onto Georgia 26 toward Montezuma/Hawkinsville and travel 20.30 miles. Turn left onto Georgia 26/Georgia 49/Andersonville Trail, continue to follow Georgia 49 and travel for 16.90 miles. Turn slight right onto East Forsyth Street/United States Route 280 West/Georgia 27 West/Georgia 30 West/Georgia 49 South for 0.90 mile. Turn left onto Windsor Avenue, travel 0.10 mile to the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel.
From: Macon. Merge onto Interstate 75 South, take Exit 127 and take a right onto Georgia 26 toward Montezuma/Hawkinsville, travel for 20.30 miles. Turn left onto Georgia 26/Georgia 49/Andersonville Trail, continue to follow Georgia 49 for 16.90 miles. Turn slight right onto East Forsyth Street/United States 280 West/Georgia 27 West/Georgia 30 West/Georgia 49 South and travel 0.90 mile. Turn left onto Windsor Avenue travel 0.10 mile to the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel.
From: Albany. Follow United States Route 19 North/Georgia 3 North for 33.30 miles. Turn right onto United States Route 280 East/Georgia 27 East/Georgia 30 East/Georgia 49 North/West Lamar Street. The Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel is on the left.
From: Cordele. Follow United States Route 280/Georgia 30 straight into Americus. Once you arrive into Americus, United States Route 280 turns into East Forsyth Street. Stay on Forsyth until you get to Jackson Avenue and then take a left and travel for 0.01 mile. Take another left onto West Lamar Street and the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel is on the left. The hotel is located on the corner of Jackson Avenue and Lamar Street.
From: Florida. Take Exit 101 Cordele Georgia, take a left off the exit and continue straight on United States Route 280 for 30 miles. Follow United States Route 280/Georgia 30 straight into Americus. Once you arrive into Americus United States Route 280 turns into East Forsyth Street. Stay on Forsyth Street until you get to Jackson Avenue and then take a left and travel 0.01 mile. Take another left onto West Lamar Street and the Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel is on left. The hotel is located on the corner of Jackson Avenue and Lamar Street.
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Stay at the Best Western PLUS Windsor Hotel
Constructed in 1892, BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Hotel is a visibly impressive hotel with a historic shell and modern amenities.
Formerly a five-story, 100-room Victorian lodge with a three-story atrium, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Windsor Hotel is now a 53-room, nine-suite renovated escape.
The castle-esque Windsor Hotel features the Carter Presidential Suite, two tower suites, and a bridal suite – plus the onsite Rosemary & Thyme Restaurant and Floyd's Pub.
Established in 1906, Georgia Southwestern State University is the pride of Americus in central Georgia. It was originally founded as the Third Agricultural and Mechanical School, later becoming the Third District Agricultural and Normal College.
By 1932 the school was known as Georgia Southwestern College. Georgia Southwestern State University is a public school and features a full array of undergraduate degrees, and sports teams known as the Hurricanes.
Enjoy the excitement of college sports on your visit to Americus – the GSW Hurricanes are sure to entertain on the field and court. During the fall, make your way to Storm Dome at the Student Success Center for 'Canes basketball games – men's and women's.
Spring and summer mean it's baseball season; head to Hurricane Stadium at the Susan K. Smith Baseball & Tennis Complex for Hurricanes baseball games. The Lady 'Canes Softball team plays home games at the Lady 'Canes Softball Field.
The Plains Train Depot is a Must-See
Covering 71 total acres, the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site is located in central Georgia, just west of Americus. The Jimmy Carter NHS is home to the Plains Train Depot, the Carter Boyhood Farm, and the Plains High School Visitor Center & Museum.
Visitors may also trek the Rosalynn Carter Butterfly Trail, sign up for a guided tour, or check out annual events like the May Day Festival, the Plains Peanut Festival, Syrup Day, and the holiday-themed Boyhood Farm Candlelight Tours.
During Carter's run for president in 1976, he and his staff used the railroad depot as their campaign headquarters. Also on the grounds you'll find the Carter Compound, the current residence of the Carters – though not open to the public.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.01 mile(s) from Rylander Theatre, Through the remarkable efforts of the City of Americus and private individuals, the theatre has reawakened and opened a new era of enrichment to the lives of residents and visitors in Americus, Georgia. The theatre provides audiences with a glimpse into the past and into the future. Opened in 1920, it is a perfect example of Art Deco style architecture. The Moller Pipe Organ is a miniature version of the “Mighty Mo”, which resides in the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. The theatre offers regular tours of the facility, film and video presentations, live performances, theatre and organ concerts, and a host of local touring presentations. For more information, contact (229) 931-0001.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Habitat for Humanity, Visit Habitat for Humanity Global Village and Discovery Center. This is a six-acre development that includes model houses from over forty countries, exhibits of urban and rural poverty, visitor activities, exhibits and video presentation of Habitat For Humanity's history and work. Hours are seasonal and vary, so please call (229) 924-6935 for more information.
- 4.80 mile(s) from Charles Lindbergh Statue, The famous aviator came to Americus in 1923 to purchase his very first airplane. Lindbergh took his first solo flight from Americus at Southern Field, now the Jimmy Carter Regional Airport. The statue is located near the campus of South Georgia Technical College.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Billy Carter Service Station, Visit Billy Carter Service Station and Museum. This service station located in Plains, once owned by President Carter's brother Billy, has been renovated and turned into a museum in honor of one of the more famous Presidential siblings.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Andersonville NHS, Visit Andersonville National Cemetery and National Prisoner of War Museum operated by the National Park Service, and tread the solemn ground marking the site of the Civil War’s largest prison where nearly 13,000 Union soldiers died. For more information call, (229) 924-0343¿. Open daily from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Jimmy Carter NHS, Encompassing the entire town of Plains, Georgia (population 637), the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site features the Plains High School, where President and Mrs. Carter attended grammar school; the Depot Museum where President Carter announced his presidential candidacy; and the Carter Boyhood Home. For more information, please contact (229) 824-4104.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Georgia Telephone Museum, The Georgia Rural Telephone Museum is located in the nearby town of Leslie, and housed in a renovated 1920’s cotton warehouse are the largest, oldest, and rarest examples of tele-communication in the world dating from 1876 to the present; such as the early liquid transmitter from 1876, the first carrier to transmit speech, and a model of Alexander Graham Bell’s workshop. For hours and information, call (229) 874-4786.
- 0.10 mile(s) from downtown shops, Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel is walking distance to all downtown shops.
- 0.10 mile(s) from The Kinnebrew Co.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Scott's Jewelers
- 0.10 mile(s) from SariKari & Balo
- 0.10 mile(s) from Southern Signatures
- 0.15 mile(s) from The Maze
- 0.20 mile(s) from Gammage Print Shop
- 0.20 mile(s) from Robert's Jewelers
- 0.30 mile(s) from Painted Lady
- 0.50 mile(s) from Barnett Computers
- 2.30 mile(s) from Americus Package Store
- 3.00 mile(s) from Belks
- 5.00 mile(s) from Walmart® Supercenter
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.00 mile(s) from Griffin Bell Golf and Conference Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wolf Creek Golf Club
- 10.00 mile(s) from Wise Olde Pine Plantation, Quail and Deer hunting
- Rosemary & Thyme, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, dinner, Rosemary & Thyme Restaurant still has its original floors, pillars, woodwork, and beautiful six bay windows overlooking downtown Americus. It is an American restaurant serving sustainable, local ingredients following the Farm to Table philosophy creating flavorful food from the freshest ingredients that the season offers. This room can hold up to 200 people and is ideal for wedding receptions, galas, and banquets.
- Floyd's Pub, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner, guests at Floyd's Pub can enjoy dinner or a refreshing cocktail while observing the goings-on from the nation's oldest indoor atrium lobby or outside on the veranda. Floyd's Pub opens Monday through Friday starting at 5:00 p.m. Floyd's Pub offers Trivia Night every Wednesday starting at 8:00 p.m. as well as live music every Friday evening.
- Adjacent to Little Brothers, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Adjacent to Richelle's Bakery, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch
- Across the street from The Station, full service, American, open for: lunch
- 1.30 mile(s) from Hillside Grill, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, offers a great hot breakfast, a famous lunch buffet, and a dinner menu to please anyone in your group.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Roman Oven Pizzeria, full service, American, open for: lunch
- 1.50 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, full service, American, open for: lunch
- 1.50 mile(s) from La Hacienda, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch
Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Americus. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean