Best Western Plus Kingsland
1375 Hospitality Avenue, Kingsland, GA 31548-6816
Phone: 912/510-0202 | Fax: 912/510-0201 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western Plus® Kingsland!
From Kings Bay Naval Base to Cumberland Island, the best of the region is a short drive from our Kingsland, GA hotel.
If you need to be near St. Mary's, GA but want plenty of amenities and perks to go along with your stay, our Kingsland hotel delivers the ultimate in southern hospitality. A free hot breakfast is offered daily and features buttery waffles and pastries, fresh fruits and yogurt, cereal and endless 100% Arabica coffee or cold juice. Cookies and coffee are offered every afternoon, and our entire hotel is non-smoking with no pets allowed for your comfort.
Wired and wireless reliable Internet is available free of charge, which is especially useful to our many business travelers. If you're in town for work with Trident Refit and Training Facility, BAE Systems and Lockheed Martin, or you're a service man or woman with Kings Bay Naval Submarine Base, you deserve only the best and that's what our Kingsland hotel staff promises.
Of course, vacationers and road trippers deserve top quality, too. We offer Cumberland Island one and two night packages and our Kingsland hotel is just three hours from Orlando, where Disney® Parks and SeaWorld® reign supreme. The Cumberland Island National Seashore is a must-see, and historic St. Mary's is the perfect destination for history buffs or couples seeking a romantic getaway. Whether you’re here for the weekend or an extended trip, depend on our friendly staff to make you as comfortable as possible.
Amelia Island is also in the neighborhood, and a cruise in the area is the perfect way to kick off a vacation in style. However, you might not want to leave your room with the luxury bedding, spacious rooms and quiet accommodations. Whether you're in the mood for adventure or something a little more relaxing, it's all up to you.
Book your next vacation guest room at Best Western Plus® Kingsland today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary breakfast
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment, free weights
- Stair stepper, elliptical machine
- Stationary bike, recumbent bike
- Interior corridors
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, on-site. Valet dry cleaning off-site.
- Laundromat 24 hrs.
- Dry Cleaning
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out upon request and subject to availablity
- Safe deposit box, available at front desk at no charge
- Cable or satellite television, free expanded cable television on 32-inch flat panel LCD televisons with analog, digital & HD channels
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Fax services, free incoming and outgoing faxes in the 48 contiguous United States
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, leave or collect mail / parcels at front desk
- Meeting facilities
- Conference facilities
- Hearing impaired services, TDD package available at front desk upon request
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, free
- Ice/Vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking, $50.00 for bigger trucks
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Cookies and coffee served every afternoon
- Complimentary gift package for BW Rewards (VIP) guests at check-in
- Controlled access gate to parking area
- Evening reception, available Sunday through Thursday 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Best Western Plus Kingsland
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus kingsland in Kingsland.
Cumberland Island Ferry Package 2 Night
Stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingsland for our Cumberland Island Ferry Package for two nights and up to two persons which includes Cumberland Island Ferry tickets.
Best Western Plus Kingsland
Conveniently located, the best western plus kingsland in Kingsland, Georgia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.790172 / Latitude: -81.652271
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 95 to Exit 3. Exit and turn left, go approximately .25 miles, turn left at Shell Station and Chick-fil-A®. Best Western Plus® Kingsland located behind Chick-fil-A®.
From: The south. Take Interstate 95 to Exit 3. Exit and turn left, go approximately one-third mile, turn left at Shell Station and Chick-fil-A®. Best Western Plus® Kingsland located behind Chick-fil-A®.
From: The west. Traveling on Highway 40; Approximately .25 miles east of Interstate 95, turn left at Shell Station and Chick-fil-A®. Best Western Plus® Kingsland located behind Chick-fil-A®.
From: The east. Traveling on Highway 40; Approximately .25 miles before Interstate 95, turn right at Shell Station and Chick-fil-A®. Best Western Plus® Kingsland located behind Chick-fil-A®.
From: Jacksonville, FL Airport. Take Interstate 95 North for about 20 miles to Georgia Exit 3. Exit and turn left, go approximately .25 miles, turn left at Shell Station and Chick-fil-A®. Best Western Plus® Kingsland located behind Chick-fil-A®.
Best Western Plus Kingsland
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located on Coastal Georgia's Cumberland Island, the Cumberland Island Museum delivers curated research and archived materials on the history and ecosystem of this unique island. Don't miss the the museum's specimen collection, which offers a glimpse into the island's natural wildlife.
Accessible only by ferry to Cumberland Island from St. Mary's, the museum is located near Kingsland. Any time you visit Georgia – whether it be on a solo adventure or a family vacation – you'll find a wide range of exciting, and often historical, things to do. Make sure you spend an afternoon touring this excellent War of 1812 Exhibit.
See the Ruins of the Old Carnegie Mansion
Explore the deep southeast of Georgia and check out Cumberland Island National Seashore. A highlight of coastal Georgia, and east of Kingsland, Cumberland Island National Seashore is the largest of Georgia's Golden Isles.
Only accessible by boat, Cumberland Island National Seashore is more than 36,000 acres of land, featuring dunes, marshes, lakes, and beaches.
When you explore Cumberland Island National Seashore be sure to visit the Cumberand Island National Seashore Museum, home to exhibits and displays honoring and drawing light to the Timucua Indians, and other early American history.
Many visitors to Cumberland Island also tour the Plum Orchard Estate, and Dungenss, a large mansion once inhabited by historical figures like James Oglethorpe and Nathaneal Greene.
The Georgia Radio Museum & Hall of Fame honors the men and women that graced the history of Georgia radio. A member supported institution in Coastal Georgia, the museum also hosts annual events, including induction and nomination celebrations.
Located near Kingsland, the museum is found in the charming downtown district of St. Mary's. Plan your next family vacation to the Peach State, and be sure to include a day of exploring at the Georgia Radio Museum & Hall of Fame. You'll be in for a fun-filled day as you learn about the history of Georgia radio.
Located along the Georgia Coast in the charming town of Kingsland, Laurel Island Links is one of the premier golf courses in the region. Presenting an accommodating, 18-hole course with smooth greens and ideal fairways, locals and visitors alike continually enjoy shooting for par at Laurel Links.
During your next round of golf at Laurel Links, be sure to stop by the Clubhouse Restaurant for casual dining, consisting of traditional breakfast, lunch and dinner served throughout the day. Laurel Links is truly one of the more playable and enjoyable courses in the region, so book your tee time today.
Take a self-guided tour through the ruins of this Coastal Georgia attraction. Believed to have built in the late 1820's, this sugarhouse features thick walls that were once used to keep in the warmth needed for sugar production.
Located near Kingsland, the tabby ruins are open daily, minus any major holidays. You'll find a wide range of interesting and impressive historic sites across Georgia. From Civil War battle sites to outdoor recreation, there's never a shortage of things to see and do. Make sure you spend at least one of your afternoons at the McIntosh Sugar Mill Tabby Ruins.
Canoe or Kayak the Waters at Okefenokee
In an effort to protect a large portion of the Okefenokee Swamp, local governments established the Okenfenokee National Wildlife Refuge in 1937 in southern Georgia, near the coast.
At 402,000 acres the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge spans across Clinch, Charlton, and Ware counties. Join the nearly 400,000 annual visitors and explore the refuge on your next trip to the area – drive in from Kingsland or Waycross.
Enjoy a tour of the Richard S. Bolt Visitor Center – take a peek at some of the historical exhibits and be sure to visit the Okefenokee Wildlife League bookstore.
Take full advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities at Okefenokee. Head for Billy's Lake, the largest at the refuge, and try to land a keep or two. There are nearly 121 miles of swamp trails, perfect for day filled with canoeing adventures. And be sure to hike or bike the nine-mile Swamp Island Drive.
Found in the southern tip of Coastal Georgia in the charming town of St. Mary's, the St. Mary's Submarine Museum is the fifth largest submarine museum in the country. Explore 5,000 square feet of displays, from a submarine's control panel to a working periscope.
There are many ways to experience the true nature of Georgia. You can visit the Jimmy Carter National Historic Site, or explore the seaside at Cumberland Island National Seashore – be sure, though, to check out this more impressive submarine museum. It's located near Kingsland.
Plan your next visit to Georgia and head for the coast. St. Marys Historic District is found just east of Kingsland. With the Atlantic just nine miles away, St. Marys Historic District yields ideal views of the scenic landscape of the area. As you tour St. Marys Historic District, keep an eye out for the Washington Oak, the last remaining of the four oaks planted the day George Washington was buried in 1799. Don't miss the 1808 Presbyterian Church and its historic bell cast byt Joseph Warren and Paul Revere.
Continue your historic tour of St. Marys with a tour of Jackson-Clark-Bessent-MacDonnell-Nesbit House, and many visitors enjoy tours of Orange Hall, built in roughly 1838. Be sure to check out St. Marys Submarine Museum, and then head over to the East Meeting Street Boat Launch and enjoy a ride down the Cumberland Island Ferry. Exploring St. Marys Historic District is an ideal way to spend an afternoon in coastal Georgia.
A replica of an Ohio Class Submarine, the USS George Bancroft Sail graces the lawn of the Kings Bay Naval Base. Guests to this attraction are free to climb aboard the submarine for a great photo opportunity. The sail and memorial is located near Kingsland in Coastal Georgia.
Plan your next Georgia adventure and be sure to include some important U.S. history to on the agenda. You'll have a wide range of ways to experience authentic Georgia – outdoor recreation, sports venues, National Parks, and much more. Make the the most of your time in Kingsland with an afternoon spent at the Bancroft Sail Exhibit & Memorial.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 6.00 mile(s) from Kings Bay Naval Base
- 6.00 mile(s) from USS George Bancroft Sail, submarine exhibit
- 9.00 mile(s) from Historic St. Marys
- 9.00 mile(s) from Orange Hall, historical home
- 9.00 mile(s) from St Marys Submarine Museum
- 9.00 mile(s) from Cumberland Island Ferry, boat tour
- 10.00 mile(s) from Cumberland Island, National Seashore
- 20.00 mile(s) from Anheuser-Busch Brewery
- 20.00 mile(s) from Amelia Island RiverCruise, boat tour
- 20.00 mile(s) from Okefenokee Adventures, boat tour
- 22.00 mile(s) from Okefenokee Swamp, national wildlife refuge
- 22.00 mile(s) from Amelia Island
- 25.00 mile(s) from Jacksonville Zoo
- 30.00 mile(s) from Everbank Field, home of the Jacksonville Jaguars
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lowe's, hardware store
- 1.00 mile(s) from CVS, pharmacy,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Kmart, retail store
- 4.00 mile(s) from WalMart®, retail store
- 8.00 mile(s) from Belk, retail store
- 8.00 mile(s) from Bealls, retail outlet
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 3.00 mile(s) from Osprey Cove Golf Course
- 4.00 mile(s) from Up the Creek Expeditions, tour Georgia Marshes and rivers by Kayak
- 4.00 mile(s) from Laurel Island Links, golf course
- 8.00 mile(s) from Crooked River State Park
- 20.00 mile(s) from Amelia Island Fishing, fly and light tackle fishing charters
- 0.10 mile(s) from Angelos, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, phone 912-882-1212
- 0.10 mile(s) from Chick-fil-A, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1369 Highway 40 East, phone 912-510-6215
- 0.20 mile(s) from Applebee's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, phone 912-729-9515
- 0.20 mile(s) from Subway, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1136 Highway 40 East, phone 912-729-1960
- 0.20 mile(s) from Ruby Tuesday, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, phone 912-882-1611
- 0.5 mile(s) from OPS Pizza Kitchen, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from International House of Pa, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 1160 East Boone Avenue
- 0.50 mile(s) from Zaxbys, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 1377 E King Ave, phone 912-510-8500
- 0.50 mile(s) from Sonny's Real Pit BBQ, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 1380 East Boone Street, phone 912-673-7262
- 0.50 mile(s) from Bonzai Japanese Steak Hou, Bar/Lounge, Japanese, Open for: dinner, 1202 Hospitality Avenue, phone 912-882-8600
- 0.50 mile(s) from OuterBanks Steak House, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 140 The Lakes Boulevard, phone 912-729-5499
- 5.00 mile(s) from Ship2Shore Seafood, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, 1947 Highway 40 East, phone 912-882-5711
- 8.00 mile(s) from Borrel Creek Landing, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 1101 Highway 40 East, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-673-6300
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lucky Dawgs, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 1550 Point Peter Rd, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-882-8082
- 10 mile(s) from Papa Luigi's Pizza, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, 143 City Smitty Drive, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-673-1557
- 10.00 mile(s) from Lang's Seafood, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, 307 W St Marys St, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-882-4432
- 10.00 mile(s) from Trolleys Seafood, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, 109 West St Marys Street, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-882-1525
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mad Hatter Tea Shop, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, 122 Osborne Street, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-576-3645
- 10.00 mile(s) from Peppers, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, 129 City Smitty Drive, St Marys, 31558, phone 912-576-3055
Best Western Plus Kingsland
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Kingsland. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean