BEST WESTERN Athens
170 N Milledge Avenue, Athens, GA 30601-3802
Phone: 706/546-7311 | Fax: 706/546-7959 | 70 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The BEST WESTERN Athens is conveniently located near the beautiful University of Georgia Campus. It is surrounded by Pre-Civil War Antebellum homes which now serve as office space, specialty shops, and sorority and fraternity houses. Conveniently located only blocks away, you will find the Athens Downtown shopping area, thriving night life, award winning restaurants, and fabulous boutique shopping. Athens Georgia is comparable to no other city! Whether you are visiting for business or leisure, the BEST WESTERN Athens provides a comfortable, clean and friendly environment for all of your needs.
Reasonable rates are just an added bonus! Our guest rooms offer free high-speed Internet access, wired and wireless. All rooms proudly boast 32" flat screen televisions, Serta Ultra-Comfort Pillow top mattresses and a micro/fridge.
Our staff is infamous for providing every guest with award winning hospitality and happily goes above and beyond every day. Whether you stay with us for one night or for several, we want to make your stay in Athens as comfortable and as memorable as possible.
Don’t hesitate; reserve your room at the BEST WESTERN Athens today.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary continental breakfast fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, English muffins, assorted breads, cereals, juices, gourmet coffee.
- Outdoor pool with eight foot privacy barrier
- Free parking
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Laundromat coin operated
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Ice/vending machines
- Complimentary USA Today newspaper
- 24-hour front office with copier
- Electronic key card locks
- U.S. Government Fire/Safety Approved
- Adjacent to the famous Varsity Restaurant with many fine dining choices nearby
- Barrier free accommodations
- Controlled access parking facility
- Voice messaging services
- High-speed Internet access
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
BEST WESTERN Athens
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western athens in Athens.
BEST WESTERN Athens
Conveniently located, the best western athens in Athens, Georgia is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 33.955485 / Latitude: -83.388365
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: All directions. The BEST WESTERN Athens is located at the intersection of Georgia 15, Old 441/129 and US 78 at the corner of Broad and Milledge. It is across the street from the famous Varsity restaurant.
BEST WESTERN Athens
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Established in 1936, the Founders Memorial Garden serves as a commemoration to the Ladies' Garden Club of Athens – the first garden club in the country. Set in Athens, just 70 miles northeast of Atlanta, this scenic spot is a pride of northern Georgia found less than two miles from the Georgia Museum of Art – neighboring the University of Georgia.
Take a stroll through the nearly three-acre garden – a haven for any fan of botany, forestry or simple garden keeping – and tour the Headquarters House. The Founders Memorial Garden also hosts classes for basic horticulture, landscape design, and garden study. Take that brain full of future garden plans back to the Best Western hotel in Athens, and enjoy the rest of your time in Georgia.
The Georgia Museum of Art is the academic museum on the University of Georgia campus, as well as the state's official art museum. Experience world-class art while touring the Kress Collection, the Cesari Collection, the Green Center Collection, the Daura Center Collection and the Works on Paper exhibit. The museum also features an impressive array of traveling temporary exhibits.
Stroll through the Jane and Harry Wilson Sculpture Garden - dedicated to showcasing works by female artists. An interactive classroom and library are also available for families, students and teachers. After exploring the Georgia Museum of Art, stay with Best Western hotels near Athens, while traveling in northern Georgia.
With the seating capacity for 92,746 football fans, Sanford Stadium is the home turf of the University of Georgia’s Georgia Bulldogs in Athens, east of Atlanta in northern Georgia. Named for Dr. Steadman Vincent Sanford, an early supporter of UGA athletics, the stadium was a venue for the 1996 Summer Olympics.
Originally designed by TC Atwood, the stadium has undergone numerous renovations to accommodate more fans and provide more amenities. Called “the Greatest Spectator Stadium in the South,” Sanford Stadium serves as a battleground every fall for the intense rivalry between UGA and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
Built in 1842, the T.R.R. Cobb House is a historic home found on the National Register of Historic Places. Set in the Cobbham Historic District of Athens, just 70 miles northeast of Atlanta, the T.R.R. Cobb House is yet another piece of historic architecture in Georgia. From Tuesday through Saturday, this historic home is open to self-guided and public group tours, so take advantage.
Explore the many exhibits of the T.R.R. Cobb House, including the original furniture of the Cobb family from 1852 to 1862 on the Main Floor. For a comfortable night’s stay in northern Georgia, head to the Best Western hotel in Athens after your day in T.R.R. Cobb House.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.05 mile(s) from biking, hiking and hoofing, Athens is very well know for outdoor exercise of all types
- 0.10 mile(s) from Athens Historic Antebellum
- 0.50 mile(s) from University of Georgia
- 0.50 mile(s) from Athens Historic Downtown
- 0.75 mile(s) from Athens "Classic Center"
- 0.75 mile(s) from Athens Regional Medical Center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Melting Point, live music, restaurants, Fun atmosphere
- 1.00 mile(s) from Georgia Museum of Art
- 1.00 mile(s) from Morton Theatre, Built in 1910, The Morton Theatre hosts performances by local and traveling companies.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lyndon House, Hub of the local art community, LHAC, serves as a gallery space, teaching environment, gift shop/house.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Double Barrell Cannon, original artifact from the Civil War. Many famous pictures have come from this unique attraction
- 1.00 mile(s) from Night Life, Allgood Lounge, 8e's Bar, Boars Head, Copper Creek Brewery, Terrapin Brewery, Trappeze Pub, Buddha Bar
- 2.50 mile(s) from State Botanical Gardens
- 4.00 mile(s) from four public golf courses
- 6.00 mile(s) from Georgia Square Mall
- 12.00 mile(s) from J & J Flea Market, Georgia's largest fleamarket
- 20.00 mile(s) from Broad River Outpost, Kayak and Canoe rental
- 20.00 mile(s) from Sandy Creek Nature Reservation, State Park, public swimming, picnic area, family reunions
- 20.00 mile(s) from Watson Mill State Park, campground, rock water slide, picnic area, Historic Covered Bridge
- 1 mile(s) from Athens Downtown, 30 Specialty shops within 3 miles radius
- 1.5 mile(s) from Five Points, Local ,Specialty shops
- 2.5 mile(s) from Alps/Beechwood, Shopping Center
- 6 mile(s) from Georgia Square Mall, Mall, Cinema, over 100 specialty shops
- 25 mile(s) from Tanger Outlet Mall
- 40 mile(s) from Banks Crossing, Outlet Center
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 18 mile(s) from Colbert
- 20 mile(s) from Winder
- 20 mile(s) from Jefferson
- 22 mile(s) from Lexington
- 22 mile(s) from Monroe
- 22 mile(s) from Danielsville
- 26 mile(s) from Madison
- 26 mile(s) from Commerce
- 41 mile(s) from Elberton
- 43 mile(s) from Conyers
- 60 mile(s) from Atlanta
- 1.00 mile(s) from Walgreens Pharmacy
- 1.00 mile(s) from Athens First Bank and Trust
- 1.50 mile(s) from YMCA
- 1.50 mile(s) from Kroger
- 2.00 mile(s) from Applebees
- 3.00 mile(s) from Target
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wal-Mart
- 5.00 mile(s) from Flowers Incorporated
- 6.00 mile(s) from Certainteed
- 1.00 mile(s) from Georgia Power
- 6.00 mile(s) from Pilgrims Pride
- 7.00 mile(s) from Sams Club
- 9.00 mile(s) from Zaxby's Headquarters
- 10.00 mile(s) from Athens Technical College
- .5 mile(s) from University of Georgia
- 8 mile(s) from Athens Technical College
- 3 block(s) from Piedmont College
- 45 mile(s) from Gainsville Technical College
- 30 mile(s) from Gwinnett Technical College
- Across the street from The Varsity, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, hot dogs and hamburgers, french fries and onion rings. An Athens tradition for over 80 years
- Adjacent to Shanes Rib Shack, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, pull up a seat its gonna get messy-Best ribs in town!
- .75 mile(s) from Depalmas Italian Cafe, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, authentic Italian cuisine including daily homemade lasagna
- .75 mile(s) from Harry Bissett's, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner, New Orleans style cajun and oysters on the half shell
- .75 mile(s) from Porterhouse Grill, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, great steaks, great bar, and extravagent wine list
- .75 mile(s) from The Grit, Cafe, Vegetarian, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, By far, the BEST Vegetarian restaurant in town.
- .75 mile(s) from Uncle Otto's, Fast Food, Bavarian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Gyro sandwiches and the best fries in Athens
- .75 mile(s) from The Last Resort, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner, Nouvelle southern cuisine served in a warm casual atmosphere
- .75 mile(s) from East-West Bistro, Bar/Lounge, Mediterranean, Open for: lunch, dinner, Fusion cuisine their name says it all
- .75 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Bar/Lounge, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.75 mile(s) from Applebee's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.75 mile(s) from Chili's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Tuscan Market, Cafe, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Fabulous, authentic Italian food- The owner is from Italy and serves only the finest ingredients.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Crackle Barrel, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 3 mile(s) from Johnny Carino's, Bar/Lounge, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4.5 mile(s) from The Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 7 mile(s) from Logan's Roadhouse, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Athens
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Athens. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean